[RTTY] RU and computer lockup

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Jan 7 08:43:05 EST 2008

All,

My apologies to anyone who I left a carrier on their signal during the
exchange. I am being bothered by essential the same problem in the last
several contest - will have to read my notes to see how far back but I
think into last fall. I know I started the Tara contest in December, made
about 10 contacts and the computer locked up so I quit that one.

When I key up one radio using one particular key sequence, the transmitter
keys up (have to power off the radio) and the computer locks up solid -
only a "hard" reset will get it back. And of course you lose 10 to 15
minutes of contest time each time.

After this happened for the sixth time on Sunday, I quit. I was coming
close to reaching my goals for this contest so sad.

After I gather some facts, I will be back to ask for thoughts. I am stumped.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs

jpixton at shentel.net