[RTTY] RTTY QSOs on LoTW logged as FSK31?

Doug Hall k4dsp.doug at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 21:25:50 EST 2008

Hi all,

My day-to-day logging program logs RTTY QSOs as "FSK" which has never
been a problem with LoTW until recently. But sometime in the
not-too-distant past I noticed that QSOs logged as FSK show up as
FSK31 QSOs in my WAS totals. On the DXCC totals they still show up as
RTTY. Does anyone know why (or when) this change was made?

I'm only one QSO away from having RTTY WAS completely via LoTW, but
LoTW is showing my ND QSO as FSK31, so it falls under Digital instead
of RTTY. Maybe for the award it doesn't matter, but it matters to me,
as I'd like for my RTTY total to be RTTY. I doubt if I'll ever make
any FSK31 QSOs.

On a related note, I sent email to lotw-help at arrl.org over a week ago
and never received a reply. In the years since I started using LoTW I
have sent email to that address three times and have never received a
reply. Is that the norm, or have I just been unlucky?

73,
Doug, K4DSP