[RTTY] ARRL RU Rules violation

Junior charlesw_anders at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 22 11:48:37 EST 2008

I sent my log in as a check log due to an apparent rules violation.

When I worked the DX stations and tabbed over I was putting the serial
number in the rst field.

I caught the mistake Sunday first thing when I was half asleep or is that
half awake and looked at the fields. I normally do not look down in a
contest once the software grabs the call and I just type the info in and
keep on going.

I solicited some stations after the test to verify the serial numbers. When
you type something in the rst field you can correct it as it only affects
the last two digits (serial #) of that field. So most of the errors I
corrected.

I think there is a way to re-arrange the fields to prevent this error in WL?

The bottom line is that I should read the entire rules before playing :-(

I see solicitation going on all the during the test with the so2r ops i.e.
qrx also 14081.0 etc.

I guess it's a matter of how you understand the ruling. Not that I was aware
of it. My fault and not anyone else's.

I hope the dx stations are not penalized for my log being incomplete during
our exchange.

Sean mentioned in one of our exchanges if he could do anything to help me
enjoy contesting more to let him know. I suppose there are some who are avid
contesters. I fall into the rabid class.

I'll get y'all in the next un.I hope :-)

73

Charles/kk5oq