[RTTY] Interface help

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Wed Jul 9 12:24:58 EDT 2008

Stuart,

There's several things that could have gone wrong. The keying transistor in
the Rascal could have died, there could be a short in the cable going from
the Rascal to the FSK jack on the PRO, or the input circuit to the PRO could
have stopped working.

You can check the radio by shorting its FSK line to ground. This is what the
Rascal is supposed to do. So if you short it manually and the radio doesn't
shift tones, you have isolated the problem to the radio.

Next, you can check the connectors on the cable for a short or open.

Third, you can check the keying transistor in the Rascal (assuming that's
how they key FSK) for an open or short.

73 de Bob - NU1AW/Ø in 2008 IARU 15m SSB (this weekend!)