[RTTY] Interface help (Stuart Spatz)

k0bx at arrl.net k0bx at arrl.net
Wed Jul 9 13:30:30 EDT 2008

Well we always can get a broken one out of the box, but I have built or bought the ready made Rascals for years.  At least 12 to 15 of them.  They ALL WORKED.  When there is a problem, it usually go's to a software problem.  Either in MMTTY , PSK software or soundcard setup.
There has been time with ICOM rigs that you can force the connector from the Rascal into the back of the ICOM upsidedown.  Of course it will never work that way.
If the led is blinking the usually it is the setup on the rig.
The current Rascals that are factory built are really very good.
Look at the results of the ARRL RTTY Roundup for 2008.  Oprs  AB0RX & K0BX 3rd place High Power Multi-Single.
IC-756PROII and IC-775DSP with Rascals interfaces.
Joe K0BX