[RTTY] 2007 CQ WW

Fred Dennin fdennin at numail.org
Wed Jul 16 05:51:48 EDT 2008

Alec,

After years of running just SSB contests, I too wondered why people publicly
thanked the sponsors when I first got into RTTY contesting.  However, I
think it's good to publicly thank the sponsors and the people who work so
hard to put the contest together, do the scoring, write the results
articles, etc.

I am simply thanking those that sponsored the plaque and those that put the
contest together.  Charlie just happens to also be a personal friend.  If
you've been on the reflector long, you'll note that it is the accepted
"norm" to thank the sponsors.  It's just a courtesy that has been
established in the RTTY ranks.

I guess one could also ask why you didn't contact me off line.

73'.....Fred WW4LL