[RTTY] Plaques

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 19:11:15 EDT 2008

Jay and all,
My last two pennies to the "Plaques story":

I would call this as a "side effect": reading all those congratulations to
the winners and words of "thank you" to the sponsors; it worked for me. I
signed up several years ago for two Plaques in different Contests, and
intending to keep it going. I was just reading "Congrats", thats it.
>From other side, I know one guy (never met him in person as of yet). He also
wrote me that he signed up for another Plaque after reading "Plaques
Congrats". It just happened that I won that Plaque, coinsidence.
There are plenty non sponsored Plaques, where winners are getting
cerificates only. More sponsors, more happy winners and more activity in the
Contests, I am sure. And no "commercial" here, this comment I did not get
it.

Everyone have a nice warm weekend (it is 95F in Long Island, NY) and see you
all in NAQP RTTY Party tomorrow - really nice Contest.

73's Andrei NP3D from Summer Boys YCCC Team

2008/7/18, Jay <ws7i at ewarg.org>:

> I must admit that I really enjoy reading about the various plaques and who
> is winning what.  As the co-founder of two premier RTTY contests one of
> which once offered up over 45 plaques all sponsered pretty much by the RTTY
> Contest Community it is outstanding that we recognize both the winners of
> the plaques as well as the folks who are behind the plaque. (They pay
> money).
>
> Recently we got spoiled by the wonderful sponsorship of the ARRL RTTY
> Roundup Plaques by Mountain West Rado who picked up every plaque not
> sponsored for two or three years.
>
> Now I must admit it looks like we will need to pickup some more sponsors
> for those ARRL Plaques.  I am sure that Sean the ARRL Contest man can sell
> you one for next year if you are interested.  I just signed up for one not
> long ago.
>
> Ron, K5DJ, was the champion of arm twisting in the old WW WPX contest and
> he also made all the various unique plaques for many years.
>
> So keep the public thank you's going I say.  I just hope that folks are
> also thanking the people directly that are doing the plaque giving as well.

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D
WAS RTTY #455 from NY(all via LoTW)
WAS RTTY #549 from MA (all via LoTW)