[RTTY] U.S.A CONTEST

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 22:33:02 EDT 2008

My understanding and concern:
a. Non USA/Canada stations should learn the rules of NAQP RTTY. Especially
in July session, because DMC Contest is conflicting and messing up with
NAQP.

b. Clear Macros should be initiated: like "CQ NAQP" de NP3D, or "CQ NAQP de
HP1XYZ".
"CQ TEST" will not work. Messing up with another RTTY contest.
If you call "NAQP" (does not matter where you are - in NA or outside) Then
you are "in business" NA should work you.

c.DMC Contest MUST be removed from NAQP RTTY July QSO Party weekend. This is
a must. MUST number one.
Sooner they learn this, is better for everyone. No good.

d. I am promising to place my order of 1000 QSL cards in DMC, if DMC Contest
will be removed from NAQP weekend.

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

p.s. Sorry Ron, I did not see V31MR. Maybe next time.

2008/7/21, Ron DeBlock <rdeblock at att.net>:

> V31MR was in there, too.  I had to wait while he convinced the guy
> before me that he didn't have a state/province.  Maybe that's why there
> are so few non W/VE ops participating - it's too much hassle arguing
> with the ops who don't understand the rules.
>
> 73, Ron N2JSO
>
> Ted Huf wrote:
> > It was confusing on my part hearing the EU stations calling CQ.  I don't
> > think one ever answered my CQ NAQP.  I was happy to work J39BS and wish I
> > had heard HP1ALX, I would have liked to have that multiplier.  Without
> going
> > through the log, I think J39BS may have been the only non USA or Canada
> > station that I worked.  That was strange and disappointing.
> >
> > 73 Ted W4ZE

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D
WAS RTTY #455 from NY(all via LoTW)