[RTTY] TARA Grid Dip PSK/RTTY "Shindig Contest" - Aug 2nd @ 00:00UTC

MRBILL1953 at aol.com MRBILL1953 at aol.com
Tue Jul 29 11:45:39 EDT 2008

TARA ( Troy Amateur Radio Association)  from Troy, NY is proud to announce
the  6th annual running of the "Grid Dip  PSK/RTTY Shindig" contest to be held
on  August 2, 2008 @ 00:00  UTC.  This also serves as the first of four
contests for the 2008/2009 TARA  Tour'ney. Check out the Tour'ney info at:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html)

This is a really great mid summer contest  that allows all of us to sharpen
our skills for the really big events this  coming fall/winter. Plus, I'm sure a
few of you have been working on the antenna  farm or making changes to the
shack and this contest can serve as a shake  down run for you.

We'd really like to see the participation  from the RTTY op's to increase
this time so we can get some RTTY verses PSK  chatter happening. After all we
don't want to see the PSK'ers having all this  fun by themselves now, do we!
Seriously, we really need to have more  representation from the RTTY folks for
this contest. I know it's not as  challenging or action packed as the RTTY
Roundup or some of the other major  RTTY contests but that doesn't mean you still
can't have some fun. So what do  you say. How about dusting off the old 'green
keys' for a little bit come this  weekend.

If anyone needs any information feel free  to contact TARA's "Grid Dip"
Manager, Tony Heatwole, N3FX at _tony at ajheatwole.com_ (mailto:tony at ajheatwole.com)
 He'll be more  than glad to assist you in any way that he can. If I can be
of any service  simply drop me an email at _ny2u at n2ty.org_
(mailto:ny2u at n2ty.org)  and  I too will be more than glad to assist you.

Also, keep in mind you DO NOT have to  worry about paper logs and mailing
them in. Nope! We have our very own online  score submission system for all to
use. Sending your score in has never been so  easy. Although, you should ALWAYS
save a copy of your contest log in case the  contest committee ever needed to
review it, should a problem arise.

Please see our web site now for the full  details. Go to:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html_
(http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html)

Thanks for reading this message. Hope to  print you this weekend!

73 de NY2U Bill Eddy

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.