[RTTY] FT920 as RTTY radio

Wayne / AA9DY dmc-2447 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 4 01:19:26 EDT 2008

I bought my FT-920 back in early 2004 from a colleague at work and have
been running RTTY (AFSK) since then.  I run the audio-out from an RCA
jack at back of the rig and audio-in via the mic.  I think there is a
phone patch-in to use, but I haven't tried that yet.  No problems to
speak of.  Though, I always tend to hear better than I can yell
(barefoot).  Good DSP filtering on it to helps knock out those adjacent
stations.

I really like that the radio has a built in RS-232 port for rig
control.  I run the rig with N1MM Contest Logger and the MMTTY engine.

So overall, I have been pretty happy with my setup.  A bit thumbs-up
from me.

( I run other digital modes on it, as well... JT65, Olivia, PSK... etc.
etc. )

73, Wayne / AA9DY.com