[RTTY] Vertical and tanks to all!

w4gkm at juno.com w4gkm at juno.com
Mon Jun 16 22:03:46 EDT 2008

Well I have decided to go with the 63 foot vertical from 25G and put 40 70' radials.

However I can't find a good source of ground wire for the radials.  I need 2800' to complete the project looks like and if anyone knows a good source for this please let me know.  I'm thinking #14 is large enough for this but if anyone has a better idea then let me know.

Half the fund on a new antenna is getting ready and putting it up.  So here goes nothing.  I've still go two slopers and a loop if this doesn't work out.  But from what I've learned it's going to make a great improvement on 80 if I can just get the ground radials down and of course enough of them.  Everyone seems to think that 40 @ 70' long with be enough.  Going with ground instead of elevated ones.

So I am looking for a good and cheap sours of about 2800' of ground wire.

Nick
W4GKM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Nick+Smith+Ultimate+10+-+300+&hl=en