[RTTY] RTTY setup question

K4FJ at aol.com K4FJ at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 17:54:38 EDT 2008

I am trying to setup WriteLog and RttyRite to do sound  card decoding.  After
a bit of frustration I got it working.  This was  the first step in my
conversion to sound card decoding.  I have previously  used Hal gear.

The first success in the conversion was to be able to  transmit and receive
successfully and I got there.  Now, I want to make  sure my audio levels into
the computer are correct.  Help in RttyRite  refers to a graphic display in
Windows Sound Recorder, but I cannot find the  graphic display.  Can someone walk
me there?  I am using only the  integrated sound on the Mother Board.  I
intend to install a good sound  card but I need to do this one step at a time
since I am no computer  jock.

I will move on to MMTTY when I have solved this  problem, and I am sure that
will generate more questions.

Any help is appreciated.

73, Steve, k4fj