[RTTY] NCJ NA RTTY Sprint This Saturday

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Thu Mar 6 14:11:07 EST 2008

> I just received the latest version of Writelog and I am a
> newbie to this program.  I loaded it and so far I can not get
> MMTTY to recognize my com port (COM 2).  It keeps telling me
> that it doesn't exist, although I use TrueTTY everyday for
> RTTY/PSK and it understands that I have a COM 2.

Make sure that TrueTTY is not running, or any other program using COM2.  If
an application is already using COM2, then you will get this error message.

> Here is my
> setup.  All I've done so far is downloaded Writelog, MMTTY,
> the plug-in for MMTTY and various modules for contests.

Have you installed all three programs?  Have you run WriteLog, invoked a
RTTY Window (under 'Windows' in WriteLog) to get the WriteLog Rttyrite
window?  In Rttyrite you need to select MMTTY as your 'TU Type' and COM2 at
the 'Port'.

Complete instructions for setting up WriteLog and MMTTY are at
www.rttycontesting.com.

73,
Ed - W0YK