[RTTY] How fast?

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Sun Mar 9 09:48:21 EDT 2008

> Just an idea to the rules, won't it be convenient for the
> non-NA stations to put "DX" in their exchange for QTH ?

Yes, "DX" for QTH is exactly what should be in everyone's log for non-NA
countries.  It is not required that the non-NA station actually send a QTH
in the exchange, but as you point out it is advisable so that (1) people
aren't confused, and (2) the proper QTH is in everyone's log for log
checking.  I'll look into adding this to the rules text.

> have been asked several times for the state and one station
> even refused to make a contact with me ( probably thought I
> want to make a non-contest qso ). I have to manually convert
> my log. I have used N1MM set for NAQP what was OK for TX but
> I had to put the received # in the name field ... any hints
> here for a contest log setup in N1MM ?

NAQP is a different contest with different rules.  Setup N1MM Logger for the
NA Sprint RTTY.  Many people use N1MM Logger for the NA Sprint.

> Anyway had fun trying to attract the NA stations from the DX
> side. I like the QSY rule, though I haven't been called very
> often after calling CQ on the vacant frequency ( poor conditions ).

A lot of people may not realize that you actually are trying to work NA
Sprint contacts because of your call sign!  But, hopefully, we'll all catch
on eventually.  Thanks for joining the Sprint.

73,
Ed - W0YK