[RTTY] How fast?

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Sun Mar 9 20:18:35 EDT 2008

Good input.  I've heard from others on the East Coast that Sprint hours at
this point in the cycle are very difficult.  Perhaps the longer skip favored
those of us on the West Coast this time.  When you guys get short skip back
on the low bands, then it will be our turn to ask for a time change, hi!  In
my case, I did close to 75/hour for each of the four hours.  It seemed slow
for the first half hour, then pretty consistent from there on out.  (I think
we were all on 20, but not copying each other!)  I was on 40 the whole time
and simultaneously on 20 for the first two hours, then 80 for the last two
hours.  So, as the band-propagation shifted, I was automatically covered
without having to commit to a single band.

So, I'll chat with the Sprint contest managers and see if they think there
is a way we can select hours that level things for more people.  I doubt it
though.  And, this has probably been looked into before as well.  It may be
that we each have to take our "turn in the barrel" from time to time and
just live with the vagaries of propagation.  We on the West Coast feel
blessed when we can compete with you guys!

Thanks,
Ed - W0YK

  _____