[RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Wed Mar 12 15:08:36 EDT 2008

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:18:11 -0500, Dick Kriss <aa5vu at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I have often wondered if it is better to camp on one Tx
>frequency and wait for the DX station to tune to you or to
>tail end on the last call worked? Both strategies seem to work

Which strategy to use depends entirely on the DX operator and the size
of the pileup. When there are only a few stations calling, most DX ops
will listen on just one frequency. When the pileup becomes huge, they
will generally change RX frequencies after each QSO just because there
is such a howling mess on the one freq they can't copy anything.

A good part of the skill in DXing is knowing when to change from one
mode to the other.

73, Bill W6WRT