[RTTY] Comments on TX5C RTTY Operations

Bill Turner dezrat at copper.net
Thu Mar 13 06:53:10 EDT 2008

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2008 00:06:37 EDT, MIKEHAACK at aol.com wrote:

>I'm not sure which one I find  more amusing.
>
>The folks calling the DX on their transmit  frequency
>
>Or
>
>The other folks who take time away from their  "busting the pileup" to
>correct them.

I will sometimes send the "UP UP UP" message, but only once or twice,
and only AFTER I have the DX in the log. I don't "take time away" to
send it. And most important... I only send it once or twice. If the
station does not correct himself immediately, most likely he is a jammer
using someone else's call sign, and repeating the "UP UP UP" just makes
him happier, as does adding name-calling or obscenities.

73, Bill W6WRT