[RTTY] BARTG Exchange?

Stephen J Carroll scarroll at mchsi.com
Tue Mar 25 16:56:48 EDT 2008

Well, let's just say I'm "blowing the whistle" on a few individuals
(although I won't mention any names/callsigns). During the contest, on
more than one occasion, the exchange DID NOT include the RST (599). In
my mind, this should be an invalid contact... both for the SENDING and
RECEIVING stations. I even mentioned it to one individual, and he/she
thought it was a big joke and proceeded to keep going without ever
sending the RST portion. What is the general thought on this matter?
Overlook it, or should the individual(s) entry not be scored and
submitted as a 'check log' ? I kept going back to listen to this
particular station and found it interesting that NOBODY else mentioned
the absence of RST.

I'm just hardcore for RULES... by withholding the RST, that creates an
unfair advantage in favor of that station (shorter exchange).

Maybe I just need to get off my soapbox, huh?

73, Steve - AA$U