[RTTY] Spot Frequency

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at pclink.com
Thu Mar 27 12:52:45 EDT 2008

Hello Rick,

Can you explain how this works? What I mean is, I have the Icom Pro III which displays the suppressed carrier frequency. You told me to turn this feature on for the Icom. I did and it worked as advertised.

But sometimes I use my Kenwood TS-950SDX which displays the SPACE frequency on the radio when in RTTY mode. So the radio is showing 170 Hz lower than the actual mark frequency.

Right now, when I use the Icom I enable the Auto Update TRX but when I used the Kenwood I leave it off.

So my question is: if I am using the Kenwood and turn Auto Update TRX on, will Logger know about this difference in radio behavior?

In practical terms, logging or posting spots 170 Hz off isn't a huge deal, but it isn't precisely accurate either.

Thanks for the great programming you do with this software!

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

- - - - - - - - -  ORIGINAL THREAD - - - - - - - - - -