[RTTY] [CQ-Contest] RTTY replace CW contesting??

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 11:16:28 EDT 2008

I beleive that the best time for World Championship RTTY is Makrothen RTTY
Contest.
The best Contest (or the Rules taken from the Contest) is MAKROTHEN RTTY
Contest.
You earn points depending of how far away that station you worked with. More
points on lower bands.
To my understanding, these Rules are fair enough. You work 8 hours, have a
break 8 hours etc.
And the time (mid of October) is a good time in terms of propagation.

2008/3/29, David Robbins K1TTT <k1ttt at arrl.net>:

> Perhaps if the rtty contests were added to the club competitions it would
> spur enough extra activity that it would be possible to change the rules
> match the other contests.  The rtty contest rules are often more liberal
> in
> who you can contact and even in additional multipliers so there is enough
> activity to keep them interesting.
>
> Some of them also have interesting entry classes to make expeditions more
> interesting... like the cqww rtty that has a multi op low power class so
> small expeditions don't have to carry rtty capable amps.  There may be
> some
> rtty rules that some other contests could benefit from instead of just the
> other way around.
>

> David Robbins K1TTT
> e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
> web: http://www.k1ttt.net