[RTTY] Contesting software and hardware---Thanks

Ross rbiggar at ihug.co.nz
Sat May 3 04:20:44 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who replied, it looks like I will need to get bak into practice with RTTY.
I perhaps should have mentioned I won my first RTTY contest many years ago, using a TTY machine and an ST6,
(I still have the ST6 I cannot throw it out).

But I haven,t bothered about contests for years, and thought I would get back into it again. Unfortunately when I decide to get back into something I tend to do it quite thoroughly, to go with the Orion, The K3 and the Ft1000MP(which I didn't mention) I have 2 big llinears and a good antenna system.

So the idea behind my questions, was to determine what way you all would go if you were starting again with software and hardware. I have a registered version of Writelog, so it looks like I had better start practicing and getting to grips with that program.

All of the comments were very useful, thanks for replying, and if you can think of anything further to say to an old "newbie", your advice will be gratefully received.

See you in the next contest.

Best wishes
Ross
ZL1WN