[RTTY] WAEDC this weekend!

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Tue Nov 4 16:23:15 EST 2008

Hi all,

I am sure you all know that it is the WAEDC RTTY Contest this weekend!

This is the one with QTC's, which I know some folk love (me!), and some folk
hate!

To make the most of this contest, you really DO need to play with QTC's, and
they really aren't that difficult.
To get the best from them, and to make it easier, some kind of contesting
software makes all the difference, as it will take a lot of the panic out of
them, but MMTTY can also be utilised to receive them, thus gaining you all
those extra points for almost no cost.
Receiving 10 QTC's from a DX station is worth 10 easy points, and the QTC
batch can be received far more quickly than you could ever work 10 QSO's, it
IS worth having a go.

If you want to read a little more about them, find out what they look like,
and how to handle them with MMTTY, then take a look at my webpage.
You will find it at :
www.guernsey.net/~pcooper/waedc.html

Tactics play an important part too, and those are for you to decide upon,
but please don't spend ages trying to exchange QTC's with a weak DX station
on 80m right at the start of the contest!

Hope to see you all there!

73 de Phil GU0SUP