[RTTY] Looking for resources: log analysis, RFI solutions

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 13:33:17 EST 2008

There is no downside that I know of, in fact in my shack I have to
bond them together or 160 meter RF gets into the computer and wipes
out the soundcard.  If possible, have the radio and the PC right next
to each other so the ground wire is as short as possible.

Also, you mentioned having a separate ground rod for the rig. This
might be a source of trouble too, since you can't really 'ground' RF
in the sense of making it 'go away'. Your ground rod+wire is no doubt
acting as an antenna, although an inefficient one. Try removing the
ground and see if things improve.

73, Bill W6WRT