[RTTY] 160

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Nov 25 09:28:40 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 06:02, Jim McDonald <jim at n7us.net> wrote:

> accepted by the die-hard 160 ops, as the noise and narrow slice of spectrum

Die-hard, maybe, but surely not soon enough.

The Spark-forever types will, eventually, cease to be an issue.
Remember, no new ops are being required to learn Morse and it's those
folks that seem to have the biggest gripes.

What gets me about Morse ops griping about RTTY in particular is that
they can operate *anywhere* (save for two small slices) whereas RTTY
is only allowed in tiny slivers.  But RTTY is somehow the problem.

Not that there aren't phone-only gripers just tune 75 any time it's
open or look at the example given in this thread about net nuts on 20.

Fortunately, the gripers seem to fall into a certain demographic and,
with some luck, we'll all outlive them.  :-)

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!