[RTTY] [N1MM] N1MM Cabrillo format error

Kok Chen chen at mac.com
Wed Oct 1 00:13:52 EDT 2008

On Sep 30, 2008, at 5:55 PM, Peter Laws wrote:

> No, no ... you're missing my point.  The rules say one thing and the
> sample Cabrillo file says another (which I did not look at because I
> ASSumed the exchange listed in the rules was correct).

Let me try one final time...  I apologize for not being clear since
English is my third language.

The contest rules you mentioned gave the ("preferred") sequences for
the on-the-air exchanges.  That is not the Cabrillo format.  They have
nothing to do with each other.  Never have.  Any assumptions otherwise
is faulty.

A contest logging program should preferably present a user interface
that makes it easy for the op to uniquely enter the on-the-air exchange.

The program is then responsible for formatting the exchange into the
correct Cabrillo format.  It should for example know that CA does not
belong to the field where the Cabrillo robot expects a numerical zone
number, and it should know that numerical information should not go to
the positions where the robot expects state/province information
(alphabets).

73
Chen, W7AY