[RTTY] Signal on 10.101 RTTY?

Schmidt-Eutingen joheschmidt at gmx.de
Thu Oct 2 17:48:31 EDT 2008

Hi all,
the rtty-sig in question is a transmission of the Hydrographical
Institute of the Federal republic of Germany.

The call is DDK9 and the exact qrg is 10100.8 KHZ

It distributes weather information in Synop code.
All  relevant informations i.e hight of clouds;  winddirection and strength
etc. from stations all over the globe  will be changed to 5 digit groups.

With appropriate decoding programms the info contained will be put back
into "readible" (and comprehensible) text.

At certain times i.e. 14:UTC a weatherreport in english  will sent for the
North Atlantic and the adjacent seas.

Hope this info will be of value to you

VY 73 de Heinz DK7UM

P.S At the moment a wx report in german is sent