[RTTY] GOOD OPENING ON 17 METERS!

Barry Murrell ZS2EZ zs2ez at zs2ez.co.za
Sun Oct 5 13:54:49 EDT 2008

What an opening on 17m!!!

Had a solid pileup for over 2 hours, and saw a lot of very familiar calls
pop up on my screen - GU0SUP, NP3D/W2, W9OL, LA5HPA, KB1JZU, N2WK to name
just a few (plus hordes of Italian, German, French and Russian stations).
Was particularly surprised to work TI8II, YV5NWG and UA2FFW just for good
measure! Log is already on LOTW....

This after a good opening on 12m yesterday - seems like there is still life
in the bands!

30m has also been quite good recently - have worked EU almost nightly for
the past couple of weeks. Still only one NA station in my log on 30 though
(WA1EHK - tks May!!)

73 de BARRY MURRELL ZS2EZ
KF26ta - Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Member: SARL - ARRL - SA AMSAT - PEARS
DXCC(mixed)#41,146  DXCC (RTTY)#1,916
DXCC(phone)#34,990 DXCC 20m,15m
WAS(RTTY)#538  WAZ(RTTY)#185  WAZS
As ZR6DXB: VUCC(50MHz)#1,334 UKSMG WAE(Silver)#75  UKSMG AFRICA#22
WAC (Satellite)