[RTTY] Fw: [Acg] Chance for Input on Proposed Rule Changes forCQWPX Contests

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Tue Oct 7 16:55:49 EDT 2008

> I would hope so. That second receiver is certainly "Skimmer-like
> technology", affording alerting assistance of any kind.

Agreed ... the second receiver (e.g., SO2R) shares more in
common with CW Skimmer (a second receiver) than with the
"old" definition of "assisted" (packet/internet).  This
new restriction on CW Skimmer is nothing more than the
"not invented here" syndrome ... a few "opinion makers"
have decided that skimmer threaten their established order
and now after memory keyers, CW decoders, logging software,
super check partial (provided by one of the leading SO2R
operators threatened by skimmer technology), and post-
contest log scrubbing are "the norm" for single operators
new productivity enhancing technology is suddenly to be
considered "assistance."

CQ's new rules are total bull