[RTTY] CQWW exchange

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 22:29:53 EDT 2008

You should never send your call before you know the other guy's call
because he might be a dupe. The reason for the CQ at the end is so
that when you tune across someone and print

W6WRT W6WRT CQ

then you know you can call him immediately. Otherwise, he might be
sending

W6WRT W6WRT

which means he is calling another station who is calling CQ, and
therefore you don't want to call him. Make sense?

73, Bill W6WRT