[RTTY] [N1MM] N1MM Cabrillo format error

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Tue Sep 30 14:52:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 13:16, Tom Moore <wx4tm at tm-moore.com> wrote:
> Where in the rules does it say "in that order"?  It doesn't. It may imply it
> or suggest it, but it doesn't say that. It just says what has to be included
> in the exchange. READ the rule again.

So your contention is that any order is just fine?  I looked at the
rules for the ARRL November Sweepstakes and note that it does not say
"in that order" either!  Cool - come November, I'll be sure to
transmit my exchange in the order of my choosing.

For those who aren't following what we're on about, see
http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/RTTY_Rules_July2008ENTIRE.pdf,
specifically:

VII. Exchange: Stations operating within
the 48 continental United States and the 14
Canadian areas transmit RS(T) report plus
State or Area (Canada only) plus CQ Zone.
All other stations transmit RS(T) and CQ
Zone.

I don't see anything there about "in the order of your choosing".   I
guess, then, I could have sent "04 OK 599" then.

No Trillion-dollar blank check for crooks!