[RTTY] EA Contest Rules

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Sat Apr 4 07:57:47 PDT 2009

>From the EA RTTY contest rules: "The points and/or multipliers derived from UNIQUE QSOs will be NOT valid."
Possibly the Spanish translation may differ, but Webster says: unique =  being the only one
and that is pretty "straightforward". I know, and understand, the effects of "cheerleading" on contests, but how can this be applied to a perfectly innocent "unique" contact? Has the "cheerleading" situation gotten so far out of hand, that it necessitates "punishing everyone for the misdeeds of a few"?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW