[RTTY] EA Contest Rules

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Mon Apr 6 13:20:45 PDT 2009

John Barber GW4SKA wrote: "It would be ridiculous to automatically
disqualify a perfectly
good contact because that was the only occurrence of a call."

I agree completely, and I would never question the integrity of the log
checking process, or those doing the log checking! Several years ago, I sat
at the same table during the RTTY contesting dinner, with P43P, and he had a
great distaste for the log checking process, at that time, because he had,
just as W7LD, several legitimate contacts removed from his log, just because
they were unique. He was so upset that he vowed to never again enter that
particular contest.

This is a first for me, and I'm terrible disappointed with it!

I have a QSO with you at the last weekend in the EARTTY Contest.
I have a problem with my computer.
Please confirm the dates qso.
04-04-09  19:29  14Mhz  Nº 136 ---- It is OK?

The call sign of the sending station is intentionally omitted, and the
information requested is correct. I just have a problem with this type of
request?

On the brighter side of things...stay tuned for the Dayton RTTY contesting
forum announcement, should be forthcoming, this week.

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW