[RTTY] USB to Serial Convertors

af2c at njdxa.org af2c at njdxa.org
Sat Aug 1 08:27:48 PDT 2009

I've been using a UMC-102 on my ACER Aspire One for a number of
months.  Although the USB-Serial "Dongle" appears to be a bit pricey, a bit
of shopping can be quite fruitful. Prices vary tremendously.

Specifications can be found at:
http://www.superlogics.com/rs-232/port-expanders/dsu-umc-102/97-1477.htm

Note that the device USB 1 compliant while most computers are USB
2.  However, for our purposes the "Dongle" shown will handle the data rates
we use.

73,
Jay/AF2C