[RTTY] GU0SUP and SARTG

pcooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri Aug 14 08:59:15 PDT 2009

Hi all,

Sorry, but I won't be in SARTG this year! I have just spent a week without power to the shack, and although it has been restored this afternoon, the initial problem has caused the shack PC to fail. I've had to replace the power supply, so it now starts, but it doesn't boot up.
So far, it looks like it may be a RAM problem (3 long beeps from the AMI BIOS), but I now need to find some replacement RAM for this old PC.
However, it may be more serious than that, as the PC doesn't get very far when booting.
I can hear the hard drive spin, so I think that may be OK, but the power failures may mean the motherboard has failed too.

It has been a lousy week here, with mains power tripping out nightly, and when the electrician came to find the fault, he also found that our hot water cylinder has sprung a leak!!!
The plumber has been here most of the day, and we now have hot water, but he still has to finish it all off tomorrow.

So, you won't hear or see GU0SUP on your screens over this weekend, and I am going to miss the fun.

Let's hope the problem can be sorted soon!

Good luck everyone, and have fun.

73 de Phil GU0SUP