[RTTY] From 7L4IOU - new JA band plans

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 06:36:25 PDT 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

From cqdx at nifty.com:

>If you need JA Multipliers on Low Bands,
>Please note for JA new band plan effected in April.
>
>http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/6_Band_Plan/JapaneseAmateurBandplans20090330.pdf
>
>160m:
>  1907.5 - 1912.5kHz (New! but Narrow than 100Hz)
>
>80m:
>  3520 - 3530 (Expand 5kHz)
>  3599 - 3612kHz (New!)
>
>I will check 3600kHz in SRTG 2nd and 3rd period.

REPLY:

Thank you very much, Hisa. Please remember the upper band limit for US amateurs
is 3600 kHz, so when we operate there we will look for JA between 3599 and 3600,
or possibly work split.

That 1 kHz could get pretty crowded.  :-)

The new expanded 3520-3530 segment would be a good alternative. I have worked
many JA's in the old, smaller segment.

Thanks again for the info.

73, Bill W6WRT