[RTTY] Crystal filter width preferences for RTTY contesting

Jeff Blaine AC0C keepwalking188 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 17:00:11 PDT 2009

Thanks Joe for that great detail.

I did not realize the 250 hz K3 filter ran close to 370 @ -6db.  The 400 hz
is only 50 hz wider at the -6db point - quite close to the named value.

The SSB filters look nice and are (by %) much closer to the named widths.

I wonder if this width has proven 100% satisfactory - or if guys have ever
ran into a case where they would like to have had a bit more narrow filter
in the front end?

I suppose the answer here is to crank the DSP bandwidth down a bit in the
cases where a bit more narrow filter is needed...

73/jeff/ac0c