[RTTY] SCC RTTY N6ML(@N6RO) SOAB(A) HP

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Sun Aug 30 12:03:10 PDT 2009

                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: N6ML
Operator(s): N6ML
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Oakley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

   80:   35    63    26
   40:  172   384    54
   20:  531  1358    64
   15:   12    26    10
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  750  1831   154  Total Score = 281,974

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

N1MM Logger + MMTTY, 2 x (K3 + Alpha 76), 5/5/5 15m & 20m, 4/4 40m, 2L quads
80m

Semi-serious effort (didn't feel like getting up at 4am to to catch the start,
so missed the first 2 hours, and ran our of steam relative to activity 4 hours
form the end), mostly to get some SO2R practice before CQWW. Great fun on 20m -
was able to run EU for a couple of hours in the morning, which was a new
experience for me (left coast, first licensed 2007!). 40m was OK. 15m and 80m
pretty dead. I heard someone say something about a 10m band, but I'm not sure
it exists ;)

Highlights included getting called by HZ1PS (new entity for me) and catching
GU0SUP for the first time (glad you got your computer somewhat working!). Also
got called by 4L1BR in the evening. Nice to see a little JA activity (64 on
20m).

Strange multiplier... feels a bit unrewarding when working DX. I managed to log
every year from 1947 to 2009, except 1950, (plus 1928, from RK9CWA) on 20m.

N1MM Logger presented some challenges - most notably when using keyboard mode
(to send free-form text instead of canned messages), it'd spontaneously change
keyboard focus to the entry window whilst I was typing. Apologies for the
resulting QLFs.

Thanks as always to N6RO for use of the great station.

CU in CQWW!

    ~Iain / N6ML