[RTTY] FW: Misuse of cluster

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML ar at dseven.org
Thu Dec 3 14:50:27 PST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Peter Laws <plaws0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 14:53, Iain MacDonnell - N6ML <ar at dseven.org> wrote:
>> I think he's trying to suggest that the cluster should be used for
>> actually spotting DX that's on the air at the time, and not bragging
>

> Are you *sure* that's what the cluster is for?

No .. I just said that's it an opinion that I tend to agree with.

> 'Cause if you analyzed the traffic I'm not sure "actually spotting DX
> that's on the air" -- really should be "that you just worked" -- would
> be the majority.

I often spot stuff that I didn't work, when I think it'd be useful to
let others know that it's out there. For example, I spotted T88CI (NOT
previously spotted) a while ago - I'd already worked them a week or so
ago.

Personally, I think it's not generally useful to broadcast that you
received a QSL, and to me, it comes across as bragging. It may not
have been intended that way in this case, but that's how I saw it.

All just my opinions.

This solar minimum has us all a bit agitated, doesn't it? ;)

    ~Iain / N6ML