[RTTY] QSL Syrvey

Frank Fallon n2ff at optonline.net
Fri Dec 11 13:04:26 PST 2009

1. Do you use the Logbook of the World (LOTW)?  YES, and love it. It did take me a while to find time to start using it.

2. Do you use the eQSL service? NO. It is useless for the awards I am interested in.

3. Do you use the QSL Bureau system? Yes.  I use the outgoing ARRL system and incoming ARRL system - W2 Bureau.

4. Do you send out direct QSLs? Yes, but only for ones I really need like six meters or rare DX.

5. What is the approximate percentages of your QSLs received via:
    LOTW -  36% of my total log has been matched on LoTW.  RTTY contests is even higher
    eQSL - don't use it
    Bureau  - only respond (slowly) to cards I receive.
    Direct  -  I'm guessing here but it is probably a little over 50%

A little full disclosure here.  I am an ARRL director and was chairman of the ARRL Board committee which recommended and then voted to start LoTW.  I may be a bit biased (HI).

73 de Frank...N2FF.....