[RTTY] Remember RITTY ?

Bill, W6WRT dezrat1242 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 16 17:51:26 PST 2009

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:03:09 -0500, "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz at Rochester.rr.com>
wrote:

>Remember the DOS program RITTY? We are trying to install it on a P-3 running Windoz XP, with a PCI soundcard.

REPLY:

I have been a RiTTY user since day one and have been involved in many, many
discussions about it. To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever gotten it to
work with a PCI soundcard. It has to have an ISA soundcard and only a few models
of SoundBlaster 16 soundcards will work with it.

It has to run under either DOS, Win95 or Win98. Again, to the best of my
knowledge, no one has ever gotten it to run under Windows XP or later.

If anyone has information to the contrary, please let me know.

73, Bill W6WRT