[RTTY] [dxlab] Need to change GU0SUP setup

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 16:08:45 PST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 13:56, Phil Cooper <pcooper at guernsey.net> wrote:

> So, I am looking to get a new PC - probably a self-build job, and will opt
> to run WinXP + Service Pack 2.

SP3 won't bite you.  Been running it for some time (1 year?).

> As most new PC's don't have COM ports, I need to find a way to cover the 4
> COM ports I currently have installed.

Most DIY-type MoBos come with headers for at least one COM (serial)
port and, usually, one LPT (parallel) port.  Should be easy enough to
find the right adapter to mount the DB9(s) in a card slot (or case
cutouts).

That would cover you for half of them.  :-)