[RTTY] Re GU0SUP change

Andrei Stchislenok asnp3d at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 17:39:14 PST 2009

Phil,

I bought micro Keyer II a year ago, works OK, but overpriced. Bought it in
order to use Writelog with Wave files  but never got it done, so use it for
RTTY and CW, no problem.
I also purchased separate cables from G4ZLP and Rascal BUXCOMM (for the
second Radio) - much less expensive and work just super.

Happy New Year!

73's Andrei NP3D

2009/12/29 Phil Cooper <pcooper at guernsey.net>

> Hi all,
>
> I obviously forgot some of the facts!
>
> I currently have a PCI card with 2 extra Com ports, and yes, I could indeed
> get a card with Com ports on a PCI Express card.
>
> My thought was to go "future proof", hence the idea of a MicroHam device.
>
> I have the loan of a PC for now, which will keep me going, once I get it
> all
> set up. It looks as though this will not be until after the contests this
> coming weekend, so please bare with me if I should suddenly disappear from
> your screen!
>
> In GU, we don't really have the luxury of being able to buy 2nd hand PC's.
> There are a couple of outlets selling such equipment, but most is old and
> tired, and may even be stuff recovered from skips!
> Buying new stuff is better, but again, most is overpriced, so we mostly
> resort to buying online.
>
> I am a bit more inclined to go the MicroHam route, simply because that will
> give me a bit more flexibility, and is capable of handling even a very new
> PC. And cost is not a particular issue, although I wouldn't want to spend
> more than necessary.
>
> Thanks to you all for your kind ideas and thoughts. It is very much
> appreciated.
>
> 73 de Phil GU0SUP
>
> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 091229-0, 29/12/2009
> Tested on: 29/12/2009 13:15:09

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D