[RTTY] Sound card issue with Digital Apps

w6sa at cox.net w6sa at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 16:50:13 EST 2009

I don't want to sound too optimistic here but I think I may be able to
use the existing soundcard after all.

Finally took some good advice to the effect that Vista will not allow
the apps to recognize the sound card until something was connected to
it, other than the speakers apparently.

I found some cables I could run across the room from the MFJ Interface
to the new computer and BINGO!, the sound chip was recognized.  I was
able to see activity but without the rest of the hookup I could not
transmit. I could see diddles and it appeared that Digipan would also be
able to transmit.

I'll decide whether I'm stupid or just lazy, once I see if everything
works once I replace the old computer with the new one over the weekend.

Keeping my fingers crossed.  I'll post my results once I see if it
works.

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and suggestions.