[RTTY] RTTY WPX AE5AA(N5ZM) SOSB/40 HP

Earl n5zm at adxa.org
Mon Feb 16 14:27:12 EST 2009

                     CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: AE5AA
Operator(s): N5ZM
Station: N5ZM

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: ARkansas
Operating Time (hrs): 29

    80:
    40: 1053  3518
    20:
    15:
    10:
-----------------
Total: 1053  3518  Prefixes = 482  Total Score = 1,695,676

Club: SKK

Comments:

My goal this year was to meet or beat last years great effort. Well I did meet
last years totals except for my points total which was down by about 100. The
first 8 hours of the test was fast and record setting here, I was amazed as
the Q's kept coming in.  Saturday afternoon and evening were a complete
turnabout. It seems I couldn't buy a Q, CQ's didn't produce many calls and S&P
was the same mostly just stations I had already worked. The rate actually
droped to below 20/hr so I quit early and worked K5D on a new band (160) and
Mode (RTTY). My early morning run was better with lots of JA's and even some
good ones, VR2, HL, DU, YB, UA0, ZL and KL7. The last hour 2300 to 2359z on
Sunday produced 15 new mults, a real surprise was when 4Z8BB called in at 2357z.

This year there seemed to be a lot more poor operator issues. Loads of
stations calling off frequency, some way off, giving reports on the first
call, some very long reports and I had the most ever in any contest requests
for dupes. It really  didn't bother me that much until the end of the weekend
when the sleep deprived 'Old Man' asked one station "do you really need this
dupe" I knew then I was losing it. Hi Hi.  Thanks to all for the QSO's,
especially those that hung in there when I had to ask for repeats of your
report. Thanks to CQ for a great contest.

73, Earl N5ZM aka (AE5AA)