[RTTY] Desecheo this weekend, and giveaway

Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604 faunt at panix.com
Sun Feb 22 14:38:52 EST 2009

The only time I've heard them at all well was on 40M, and I was out of
it at the time.

I'm still learning to use the K3 with the second RX.  I'd parked the
2nd RX on K5D, and was calling away, having carefully checked to make
sure the frequency was set right and that split was on.  Wrong!!!

BTW, why the tendency to split down?  On 30M it makes great sense
(although I think W9OL had some problem due to "nanny" software),
but on the trad bands, ????  It wouldn't move the TX frequency far
enough from the CW TX to make any difference.  If and when, I now have
a pair of crystal front-end RX filters for 20M CW and RTTY to help
with that in a compact DXpedition multi-TX situation.

I'm decluttering like crazy, and finding all sorts of stuff.
I foudn an MFJ-44, which is an accessory for adding a tuning scope to
a 1278, but I'm pretty sure it can be used just by feeding it audio
and power standalone.  It's even got pads available for that.

I'll give it, free, to someone who'll promise to at least try it out.
I'll even pay the postage.

73, doug