[RTTY] Re New Year's Day RTTY

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri Jan 2 04:44:04 EST 2009

Hi all,

Well, I got on air, although it was darn chilly in my outside shack, and
there didn't seem to be too much activity around.
I guess the solar figures didn't help (SFI 69, A 12, K 3), but I did work
one W. Most were Eastern EU's, plus one lone VK, and I also bagged ET3SID a
bit later on. That wasn't a new one for me, but will help towards my totals
for 2009.

I did check 30 and 40m, but there was very little activity there, apart from
the usual close EU-EU contacts. 17m seemed very dead, so I stuck with 20m
for the day, apart from one contact on 30m with an ER station.
On 80m, there appeared to be some kind of SP contest on RTTY, and they
weren't interested in anything outside SP-land.

A nice idea, but maybe it needs a little more publicity? Maybe a note to
OPDX, W1AW, 425 etc etc??

I am hoping E44M will show up on RTTY some time this morning (Friday 2nd),
as I see they are now there and almost ready to go.

I wish you all a very Happy New Year, and I hope to be in the Roundup this
weekend.

73 for now, and GL!

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081231-1, 31/12/2008
Tested on: 02/01/2009 09:36:04