[RTTY] A Modest Little Shack

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Fri Jan 2 05:09:11 EST 2009

Hi all,

Had a look, and I am singularly unimpressed!

He has a MIC on the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does anyone need one of
those contraptions???

A key is fine, but a mic????

There are no pictures on the web (that I know of), but a few years ago, a
VK5 visited GU, and brought some pictures of his shack and antenna farm.
This guy worked for the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Co) as an engineer. He
had built seperate receivers and transmitters for EACH band, plus a linear
for each Tx. They were arranged in a semi-circle, and all were fitted into
the bench at an angle.

The antennas were situated on a nice hill, and comprised a seperate tower
for each band, PLUS rhombics strung from each to give him good Rx from most
major directions. I seem to recall the towers were each 120' and were
wavelengths apart!
His "farm" was around the size of GU (25 sq miles), and space was NOT a
limitation like it is here.

Oh well, HNY to all, and see you in the Roundup.

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 081231-1, 31/12/2008
Tested on: 02/01/2009 09:57:23