[RTTY] ARRL RTTY RU from GU0SUP

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Sun Jan 4 15:53:25 EST 2009

Hi all,

Firstly, Happy New Year to everyone. Let's hope the sun finally gets its act
together and produces some spots!

Sadly could not get on air at the start as one of my shack monitors decided
to quit on me during Saturday afternoon. This meant some hasty shopping to
try and find a replacement. I ended up with a 19" widescreen which has now
been put on my main PC, and the monitor from there has ended up in the
shack.

So, I finally got to start this morning, but not till around 0900UTC as it
was just too cold to want to get up earlier than that!
The temp has been hovering around +3C max today, and when I got up, it
was -0.5C.

A slow start really, as conditions didn't seem that great, but during the
afternoon, things started to look up with WA, CA, AZ, SD etc in the log.
I was surprised not to work many VE's either. I think I only have 4 or 5 in
the log.

I gave up around 1900UTC, as 20m has closed here, and the lower bands are
simply just too noisy this evening. The only stations I can hear on 40/80m
have already been worked, so not much point.

My claimed score is as follows:
200 QSO's and 73 mults, giving a score of 14600 points.

States worked:
CT   MA   NH   RI   NJ   NY   DE   MD   PA   AL   FL   GA   KY   NC   SC
TN   VA   AR   LA   MS
TX   CA   AZ   WA   OH   IL   IN   WI   CO   IA   KS   MN   SD

Provinces:
NS, PEI, QC and ON

Thanks to all for the fun, and I hope to see you in the next one!

Very best 73

Phil GU0SUP

---
Virus Database (VPS): 090103-0, 03/01/2009
Tested on: 04/01/2009 20:48:31