[RTTY] ARRL RU 2009 - This and that

Lee Buller k0wa at swbell.net
Mon Jan 5 10:05:09 EST 2009

Very interesting contest this year.  Worked many ND and SD from Kansas.  Never worked a WY.  Never heard one and I had almost 1000 Qs.  Worked at OK on 15 meters and then again on 20.  Never heard on on 40 or 80...so go figure.  Did not get ME until the end of the contest then worked two of them in about 10 minutes.  IN was also scarce too...go figure.  Worked one AK and he was weak.  Had a JA run to on 20 meters on Sunday around 4 pm.

The low bands were very long.  Forty meters was fantastic and had some great runs.  Eighty meters was so-so.  Fifteen was good from some DX and some states.

Just imagine....if we had sunspots of any kind.  Or, if 10 meters was open.  With the proliferation of computers for RTTY...that is going to be fun.  Now...lets all pray for spots!

Lee - K0WA

In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you don't have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find any Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common Sense divine?