[RTTY] RTTY RU

Dick White whiter26 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 5 10:57:13 EST 2009

Well, that was fun. That is after I battled "Murphy" for 2 1/2 hours. Was
set up for the contest in N1MM and thought everything was working ok. When
the contest started and I S&P'd calls, no one came back to me. I finally
realized that I was not getting out at all. Receive was fine, but no TX. I
had been using N1MM version 8.10.0 without any problems. Made the mistake of
up grading to 8.12.6 and that was the problem. The up grade did something to
my set up. Couldn't find how to fix the problem. I finally uninstalled N1MM
and put back ver. 8.0.0 full install and used it for the rest of the
contest. But, I had lost the first 2 1/2 hours which cost me to not match
last years score and total Q's. Lesson learned - after an up grade make a
few contacts to be sure the program is working. I was unable to take part in
the practice sessions prior to the RU. In 2008 I was First Place Missouri
Section with over 11K points. Will not make it this year. Next Year ???

 Band    QSOs    Pts  Sta   Cty
   3.5       2     2    1    0
     7      26    26    9    0
    14      80    80   24   19
    21      23    23    2    2
 Total     131   131   36   21    Score: 7,467

73  Dick  KS0M

Richard C. "Dick" White
Fulton, MO. 65251  U.S.A.
whiter26 at sbcglobal.net

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply.
Speak kindly. Leave the rest to GOD.

Amateur Radio Station - KS0M